Valentines day is just around the corner… Are you ready for it? For some who are attached, this could be a stressful time trying to find the perfect date/gift ideas. I should know, I’m part of those folks!
While some are able to spend Valentines day extravagantly, most of us (especially parents with kids) have to work with very limited budget to celebrate it with loved ones. But fret not cause really, even with very small amount, there are lots of creative ways to express our feelings for the people we love!
So for this month, I would like to share with you my Five Valentines Day Unconventional Date/Gift Ideas for this month’s Friday Five.
- Bacon Heart. You know the saying, a way to a person’s heart is through his stomach? If your partner loves bacon then this bacon heart recipe is perfect for you! Make him/her a Valentines themed breakfast in bed with bacons in heart shape. Your partner will surely love it!
- Heart Shaped Boiled Egg. Another item you can add on your Valentines day themed breakfast in bed. This goes perfectly well with your heart shaped bacon. After breakfast, you can both take the day off and just spend the whole day in bed watching a nice set of movies you both missed to watch. Now that to us is bliss.
- DIY Candy Bouquet. I’ve been thinking of giving my husband flowers.. but seriously, what would he do with that, right? He’s not the type who loves flowers, too. haha. But the thing is, I just really want to surprise him at work! So rather than sending him flowers, I thought of checking out Candy bouquets. But lo and behold, to my surprise! the cheapest I found cost about P1,200.00+, homaygooshmack! Good thing I found this tutorial online by DaNita, now I can easily whip up my own candy bouquet and personally pick the goodies to put in the bouquet! Perfect gift because he’ll have all those goodies readily available for him in the office to chew on when he’s super stressed at work or just needs his sweet fix, plus I was able to save a huge amount just by doing the bouquet myself! hihi.
- Words of Love with Post-it Notes. I really love this idea. And I really agree that it gets better when we’re more specific on our message. This is sure to bring smile on their face once they get to read it. You can actually do an art which has all the post-it notes of why you love your partner, or you can do a lot and put it in different places that only he can find. 😉
- Have a date at the park. Now this doesn’t have a link but it’s really super simple. Just prepare packed meals- picnic style and celebrate Valentines day not just with your loved one but the whole family! There are quite a number of places to go to — Bluebay Walk open area is one of our favorite go to place for that clean open park. There are food establishments also in the area but you can stay in the park grounds while listening to live band, play bubbles (a big bottle only cost a P100.00) with kids, and enjoy your packed foods! You can also check out Luneta park, or head all the way to Tagaytay for some cool breeze!
There are lots of ways, even if we’re on tight budget. The trick is to just remember to keep it simple— because the simplest way is always the best way. At the end of the day, it’s not how we spent, where we went to or what material gifts we gave our loved ones that matters, its how loved we have made them feel.
Happy Hearts Day to you all!