Are you like me who still loves writing things down — things like the daily to dos, recipes, meal for the week, etc. and pin them on your board or refrigerator? Up until this time, when most of the things have become digital, I still keep that practice because it has always been an effective way for me to remember things.
And if you still do the same, you’ll enjoy our super easy project today! Not only will you enjoy the process of making your personalized magnets, this tutorial is also best for scrap wrapping papers! Which means, zero craft materials wasted! Yay!!!
So lets start creating our stylish magnets, shall we?
What you’ll need:
- Wrapping papers
- Bottle cap
- Epoxy dome
- Pair of scissors
- Coin (1″size)
- Hot glue (not in the picture; optional)
You have the option to use new wrapping papers for this project, however, I do suggest making use of your left over cut outs from your previous wrapping paper projects. You know all those cut outs from the previous projects we did on this series (I hope you haven’t thrown them away because you can still make use of them), today I am showing you another great project where you get to make use of all the remaining pieces of your beautiful papers.
- Prepare and choose the wrapping papers you’d like to use. For my project, I just used the cut out left overs from the previous projects I made. They’re all still big enough for this project anyway.
- Place your coin on top of your paper and start tracing. (You may opt to use a 1″ round puncher for this).
- When you have your traced circle, start cutting around. Be as precise as you can.
- Once you have your 1″ round cut outs, prepare your bottle caps.
- Put a generous amount of glue on top of your bottle cap, spread evenly using a brush.
- Place your cut out paper on the bottle cap that has glue on.
- Allow to dry.
- Once dry, you may start putting your epoxy dome on top to seal. Your bottle caps should look like that on the picture.
- Next, flip your bottle cap over and put a generous amount of glue (I used the hot glue for this part), then place your magnet. Allow to cool.
- Tada! You now have your personalized, stylish, magnets perfect to use for your white boards or refrigerator!
You may also choose to have a theme so your board and magnets would match. Lots of possibilities with this project! Most importantly, when you make something and use it yourself — it gets you motivated and inspired to do more!
If you ever need bottle caps and epoxy domes supplies, you may purchase from my shop by sending me a message here or through Facebook. The bottle caps come in 12 exciting colors.
Have a crafty weekend! 🙂