Just when you thought the new year celebration is over, Chinese New Year is officially about to happen on the 25th! And what better day to have this cute DIY Paper Fortune Cookies than on the Chinese New Year, right?
If you’re celebrating the Chinese New Year and will be preparing a little get together with family and friends, this DIY project is perfect to add to your decor or for a game. It’s really pretty simple and you won’t be needing lots of materials, too.
So let’s start!
You will need:
- Round circle cutter (I used Martha Stewart Circle Cutter)
- Glue gun
- Blank sheet of paper
- Red cartolina
- A pair of scissors
- With your cartolina, cut a 4-inch circle using your circle cutter and set aside.
- Cut strips of white paper and write fortunes on them.
- Place fortune in the center of the circle.
- Fold the top side of circle down but do not crease or fold all the way.
- Fold bottom half over and press in at the center to form a bend. Pinch the sides together.
- Place a dot of hot glue on the inside of your crease. Hold the fortune cookie in place for a few seconds to allow the glue to dry.
- Enjoy with your family and friends!