School year 2014-2015 has been quite challenging and somewhat stressful to our little lady.. this is why even before the school year has ended I’ve already map out several activities that we can do and places to go to which I think will not only offer a different kind of learning experience but also FUN activities not just for our little lady but for our little guy too!
Here are some of the places I’m looking into so far…
- Museo Pambata – located at Roxas Boulevard cor. South Drive in Manila, this is one of the places I’d love to bring the kids to. You know how kids likes touching things to learn? Museo Pambata is a place where they can do that! It is a place for hands-on discoveries, total use of their senses to learn various concepts, as well as to discover old things and places such as the old Manila, the Philippine heroes, etc., uncover the sea, learn the value of nature, and a whole lot more. I, myself, is super excited to check out the place too! haha. [Entrace fee: P150/head]
- Mind Museum – if your kids love Science then this place is for you! Located at JY Campos Park 3rd Avenue in Bonifacio Global City. This is where I’m sure my kids will have fun wearing their scientist hats — discovering things about the Universe, the Earth, Life and Technology. Now what can be more interestingly fun than that, right? [P750/head all day pass]
- Manila Ocean Park – located behind Quirino Grandstand in Luneta, it is the first world-class marine theme park in the Philippines. There are several activities that you can do here but since we also have a 2 years old boy, I specifically choose my kids to experience the Deep Sea Rush package — Oceanarium, the Sharks & Rays Encounter and the Sea Lion show. Exciting! [P580/head]
- Zoobic Safari – is an adventure park that is located in Subic Bay Freeport in Olongapo. I haven’t been to this place so I’m looking forward to it too! There are so many fun attractions that not only the children but the whole family can do there… best place for kids to get to know diverse exotic animals roaming and frolicking in their simulated natural habitat. Fun! Fun! Fun! [P545/adult & P445/child]
- Baguio – located in Northern Luzon island of the Philippines. I’ve loved this place since childhood… and this love is probably one of the reason I want to bring my kids there. For me, Baguio is the perfect place for my children to explore nature. We’d bring them to see the Botanical Garden, get to meet “Doglas” at Minesview Park, see the Rice Terraces in person, have picnic at Camp John Hay, do Strawberry picking at the Strawberry Farm in Benguet and get to know the Igorots too! We can also do shopping at the Central Market where I will show them just how big and fresh Baguio veggies are compared to the veggies here in Manila. Super exciting!
These are very simple get-aways and budget friendly activities that the whole family can do this summer. Activities I really look forward to for my children to experience (hubby and I decided not to do long travel or out of the country trips for a while since our little guy is still too young to really enjoy that) because not only do I know that they’re going to have loads of fun, I’m also sure that the activities are packed with learnings too! My kids love learning from their electronic gadgets but this summer, I’d like them to experience activities that will bring them real life experiences to socialize, to play, to explore and get some form of body exercise too! I’m super excited!
How about you what are your plans this summer? Do you know of other fun activities as well as places that we can do or anymore interesting places I can bring my little ones? Lets talk more about it in the comments. I’d love to hear about your suggestions. 🙂